Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Review: e.l.f. Baked Highlighter in Blush Gems

Hi guys! I'm back for another review. Today's review is going to be from a US brand, e.l.f. It's from their baked products and this is one of the first US products that I'll be reviewing.

Here is what the products look like:
I like that it comes in a box and we can directly see how the product looks like. The directions ingredients of the product is also listed.

Here is what the e.l.f. website says about this product :

details
Create a radiant glow with this illuminating powder that highlights the skin with a sheer wash of shimmering color. Infused with Vitamin E, Jojoba, Sunflower, Apricot and Grape to nourish and hydrate the skin. The long-lasting baked shimmering color can be applied wet for a vibrant effect or dry for sheer pigmentation.

how to use
Using a powder brush, sweep the baked highlighter onto cheekbones, browbones, and decollete for an instant glow. Apply wet for a vibrant effect or dry for sheer pigmentation.

ingredients
Ingredients: Mica, Talc, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Nylon-12, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Paraffinum Liquidum (mineral oil), Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben 
May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide (CI 77861)

Now, let's move onto the product itself.

This product is said to be a really close dupe to MAC's Soft and Gentle. I personally don't have any MAC products and judging by the review from other bloggers, they look really identical to me.

Here is the swatch of the product on the back of my hand and on my cheekbone.

I originally wanted to buy the shade Moonlight Pearls because it is also said to be a dupe for The Balm Mary Loumanizer highlighter, but it was sold out in the online store that I shopped and I couldn't wait any longer, so I bought this shade instead.

Onto the product, I really like the product because it has a beautiful champagne sheen. On the swatch on the back of my hand it looks pinkier than it actually does in real life.
I only swatched this highlighter with my fingers because I don't think my cheap makeup brushes picks up the product very well. But, you can build the product up and once you do, it's really pretty.

I am easily thrown off by glitters, and sadly this product has glitters in it and it stays on even after removal. Maybe it's because I am not used to highlighters, and this is actually my first highlighter that I own. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

The highlighter gives off a natural sheen on the cheeks and I really like that. It also lasts for about 8 hours and doesn't make my skin look oily. For $4, it's really a good product and it really works well.

So, here are the pros and cons of this product:

Pros
  • simple packaging
  • has a beautiful sheen
  • looks natural
  • affordable
Cons
  • has glitters in it (which many of you may not care about)
Rate : 4.5/5
I really like it! I can deal with the glitters later, but it is really pretty on the skin!

Will I repurchase? Of course! I would like to try the shade Moonlight Pearls as well.

Hope this review helps! Leave your thoughts about this product in the comment section and I would really like to interact with other bloggers as well.

See you on my next reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment