Saturday, December 28, 2019

Review: Etude House Dear Darling Water Gel Tint #RD305 Jujube Red

Hi guys! Today I have a lip tint review for you guys.
This is a lip tint that I have been wearing for quite a long time. It's actually my second bottle. I also have the comparison of the old and new version.
Here is the comparison between the two.

I believe they changed the packaging because the old version had some leakage issues. It's true, though. Mine has some of the product leaking out.


The new version is less prettier, but much sturdier. So far, there has been no leakage issues for the newer one. The newer one also has a taller bottle.
However, I have a problem with the newer version. I like the applicator on the old version more, because it distributes less product. I don't know if it's because there's less product in the bottle, or because of the rubber stopper. I'm guessing it's because of the rubber stopper that doesn't take out the product evenly.

If you guys don't know what rubber stopper is, in every liquid type of packagings like liquid lip products, mascara, etc, there's something between the mouth of the product and the liquid container that is V-shaped. This stopper makes sure the right amount of product is dispensed.
I always feel the rubber stopper doing its job on the old version, but not as much with the new version, so that's why I think it's a problem of the rubber stopper.


Thank God that the colours of the old and new version are still the same. The new version is a little bit thinner and more liquidy.
Here is the swatch of the product on my lips.


I really, really love this color. It looks deep maroon in the redder side. The consistency is a little bit milky. When applied with one thin swipe, it colors my lips naturally. This colour is the best colour of lip tint that I've come across so far, for my skin tone and lip color. Since my lips are on the darker side, I tend to look for lip tints with darker colour. I like that I can adjust the boldness of the lip tint.
For daily use, I usually apply one thin swipe, but for going out, I usually apply a little bit thicker for bolder look.

Although I like the applicator better on the old version, I like the formula of the new version better. It dries quicker unlike the old version, and less oily on the lips, which is of course more comfortable to be applied. I would say that the lasting power is a bit longer too, but not by much. Like every lipstick that I've tried before, it always disappear when I eat. There would be remains of the lip tint at the end of the day, just not as visible to the eyes.
I bought this lip tint for only about IDR 40.000, which is really cheap for the colour and formula that we're getting.

So, here are the pros and cons of this product (based on the new version)

Pros

  • LOVE the colour
  • good lasting power
  • comfortable on the lips
  • better packaging

Cons

  • too much product on the applicator

Rate: 5/5
Will I repurchase? Of course! This is my second bottle, and I would gladly buy another one after this one runs out.
Here's a little selfie to show you guys how natural the colour looks on my lips. Once again, I really love this color!


Hope you guys find this review helpful! Leave comments down below to share your thoughts on this products.
See you on future posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment